Friday, October 16, 2015

Life Goals

Everyone has some kind of idol or some #goals in life right? 

So one day my lecturer ask this in class: 
"Who are the people you look up to? Who are your role models?"
There were many examples Steve Jobs, Einstein, Nelson Mandela, Mother Theresa.. etc.

And when it was my turn to answer the question I replied: " My parents".
My lecturer asked me why?

I said: "I don't know all those people you have mentioned personally. I mean yeah, they have done some really great and awesome things in life, inventing and discovering and giving rights to the people, all very inspiring."
"But, my parents are the ones that has raised me, gave me a roof over my head, a bed to sleep on, food to fill my tummy, a television to watch, air-con to keep me cool and gave me values and principles which I have learned to cherish and appreciate."
"They thought me to be respectful to elders and always be kind and make sure to not impose trouble for others and so much more. I've learned to love my parents more and more each and everyday."
She replied: " Not many idols are parents. We all tend to forget that it's our parents that has brought us up. I'm sure your parents are very proud of you. (:"

Secretly and honestly, I was very anxious and nervous to be talking how i personally felt about my parents to strangers.
My family has taught me a lot, values and life lessons all which i have watched and learned over the years of my life.

And when the day came and I graduated from college and got my degree.
I think my parents couldn't be any prouder of me.


Grad Day 28/09/15


My parents are my #goals in life.

They have showed me what kind of a family I want when I grow up.
Their #relationshipgoals are what I aim for.

Haven't you looked at your parents and ever thought:
" How is it that they are still so in love with each other after so long!"
" I can't even stand a guy for more then 6 months!"
(hahah the last part was just being dramatic)

I want what they have.
Even as they grow old and start to age, they still love each other unconditionally.
THAT is #goals.

To find someone you can live together with for the rest of your life, build a future with and make a family with. That to me is happiness.

My #GOAL is to find happiness in life and bring happiness to my loved ones.

Goals in life doesn't need to be complicated or far-fetched. It can be as simple and easy as being happy.

So what is your goal?


No comments:

Post a Comment